PORTFOLIO COMPANY EXIT SIGNED
ACTIVE PORTFOLIO COMPANIES
KEEPING UP WITH LOVELL MINNICK
We’re excited to share some of the recent highlights from LMP’s investment activity this year. As we navigate through another year of both opportunity and uncertainty, we at LMP continue to focus on driving steady growth across our portfolio and delivering strong risk-adjusted returns for our investors. We are extremely thankful for the support from our investors, family and friends and we look forward to what the rest of 2022 will bring!
$3.5B Committed Capital Since Inception
50+ Portfolio Companies Since Inception
150+ Add-On Acquisitions Since Inception
PORTFOLIO COMPANY COMMENTARY
“In selecting Lovell Minnick, we really leaned on their sector expertise. They knew our space, they knew what we did. They had prior history with our competitors, several of their portfolio companies were clients of ours. They understood us and knew exactly what we needed to get to from a vision perspective. We were aligned across the board and that was the foundation for really stepping into the investment and driving an accelerated pace of growth across all parts of the governance, risk and compliance sector.”
President, Foreside, former LMP Portfolio Company
2022 YTD PLATFORM INVESTMENTS
LMP Completed Majority Investments In:
STP Investment Services is an end-to-end, technology-enabled investment operations service provider that supports more than $340 billion in total assets.
Read more about our investment here and in an interview with The Philadelphia Inquirer.
We agreed to acquire a majority stake in London & Capital, an independently owned, London-based, wealth and asset manager with £4.1 billion in assets under management. The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2022, subject to customary regulatory reviews and approvals.
Read more about our investment here and in an interview with PE Hub.
In mid-May, the LMP team hosted our portfolio company executives in-person for the first time since 2019 at the LMP Executive Summit. We had a great time exchanging ideas and discussing key areas of focus for our teams, including go-to-market strategy, leveraging data & analytics and managing the workforce of tomorrow. We greatly appreciate the contributions of all our portfolio executives and look forward to future collaboration.
We recently held our inaugural Women in Fintech event in midtown Manhattan. We hosted over 50 guests, predominantly women, from a variety of firms and industries including fintech, crypto, PE and VC for a lively conversation around investing, innovation, and the future of the industry.
We would like to thank our panelists and moderators for such insightful discussions. Different Shades of FinTech – How GPs Invest in Financial Technology and Digital Assets & Crypto 101 and Beyond.
LMP Investment Team Offsite
We were thrilled to bring our team together in-person for this year’s offsite event in Scottsdale, Arizona!
June 10th marked LMP’s inaugural LMPhilanthropy Day! Going forward, LMPhilanthropy Day will take place each year on the second Friday of June across all three of LMP’s offices. Each location selects a cause that is important to them and dedicates their time to making an impact. This year, our teams selected CitySquash in New York, Fairmount Park Conservancy in Philadelphia, and the LA office organized a beach clean-up and also a learning session on financial literacy. We look forward to continuing to support great causes like these with our new annual event.
15 Add-Ons: Robust Deal Flow Through the Year
Charles Taylor acquired Contego Investigative Services, Underwriters Safety & Claims, LLC, Herrera DKP and V+B Group
NAC acquired Frost Financial Services, ForeSight Services Group and Southern Auto Dealer Resources
Pathstone acquired WaterOak’s Investment Advisory and Wealth Management Business and Advisor Partners; Dyson Capital Advisors is signed, pending close.
FortisPay acquired SmartPay and an agent acquisition
Xactus acquired MassiveCert.
Warner Pacific acquired Beta Health commercial dental health platform.
Our Partners' Perspectives in the Media
We’ve enjoyed sharing our insights, perspectives and news with industry leading publications:
Portfolio Company Highlights
Read on for some of this year's highlights from select portfolio companies:
*Advisory Council Members are independent contractors that are advisors to Lovell Minnick Partners and portfolio companies of Lovell Minnick. They are not employees of Lovell Minnick entities.
Lovell Minnick Partners is a private equity firm focused on investments in financial services, financial technology and related business services. We partner with outstanding management teams to help grow their companies and build value for investors through a combination of driving growth initiatives, strategic activity and operational improvements.
Since our inception in 1999, we have become a leader in our chosen space, raising $3.5 billion of committed capital from leading institutional investors including public and private pensions, insurance companies, endowments and foundations.
We seek to invest in management-driven, growth-oriented companies that span the supply chains of investment products, insurance products, credit products and payments. Some of the areas in which we specialize include:
- Financial and insurance technology;
- Insurance brokerage and services;
- Wealth and asset management; and
- Related business services.
If you’re interested in learning more about our firm, strategy or any of the insights included in this newsletter, you can contact us here.
For more information on our firm and our strategy, please visit www.LMPartners.com.
• YTD figures presented herein are current through the date of this newsletter.
• The information in this newsletter should be held in strict confidence and not copied, shared or distributed to any third party without the express prior written consent of Lovell Minnick.
• The content of this newsletter is for general, informational purposes. This newsletter is not an offer to sell nor a solicitation of an offer to purchase interests in any fund sponsored by Lovell Minnick or its affiliates. Offers and sales will be made only pursuant to confidential private placement memoranda, complete documentation of the relevant vehicle and in accordance with applicable securities laws.
• This newsletter includes information regarding Lovell Minnick Partners’ past and present portfolio companies, including the opinions of past and present Lovell Minnick and portfolio company personnel which are intended to be viewed by potential portfolio company executives. It should not be assumed that investments made in the future will be comparable in quality or performance to the investments described herein. Further, references to Lovell Minnick Partners’ past and present portfolio companies should not be construed as a recommendation of any particular investment or security. The portfolio companies listed should not be assumed to have been profitable. Any past performance information in the newsletter is not necessarily indicative, or a guarantee, of future results.
• The portfolio companies represented in this newsletter were chosen to illustrate Lovell Minnick’s investment experience and the processes and approaches used by Lovell Minnick in the past with respect to its portfolio companies and investment funds, and does not purport to be a full list of investments by Lovell Minnick funds. A complete list of portfolio companies is available on Lovell Minnick’s website (www.LMPartners.com).
• Investments in private equity funds such as the Lovell Minnick funds are speculative and involve substantial risk of loss. No assurance can be given that a fund will achieve its investment objectives or avoid substantial losses. Information about any Lovell Minnick fund and investments made by such fund, including past performance of such funds and investments, is provided solely to illustrate Lovell Minnick’s investment experience, and processes and strategies used by Lovell Minnick in the past with respect to such funds. The performance information relating to Lovell Minnick’s previous investments is not intended to be indicative of a fund’s future results. Past performance is not necessarily indicative, or a guarantee, of future results. There can be no assurance that a fund will achieve comparable results as those presented or that investors in a fund will not lose any of their invested capital. Under no circumstances should these videos be construed as an offer to sell, or a solicitation to buy, any security or as opinions regarding the provision of investment advisory services by Lovell Minnick.
• These disclosures apply only to this newsletter and not to other websites that may be accessible from the newsletter and Lovell Minnick shall not be responsible for the content of any third-party website accessible from this newsletter. If you access any third-party website through this newsletter, you do so at your own risk and we encourage you to review the privacy policies and user agreements of all other websites that you visit as such policies and agreements will govern your use of those websites.
Philadelphia / 555 E. Lancaster Ave / Suite 510 / Radnor, PA 19087
Los Angeles / 215 Manhattan Beach Blvd / 2nd Floor / Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
New York / 1155 Ave of the Americas / Suite 2550 / New York, NY 10036
This email was sent to *
Please add us to your contacts to help future emails land in your inbox.